For several years I have felt there is a scripted, pseudo-war between Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives which is in reality a false divide-and-conquer dog-and-pony show created by the powers that be to keep the American people divided and distracted.
In fact, the Founding Fathers warned us about the threat from a two party system.
John Adams said:
- There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.
George Washington agreed, saying in his farewell presidential speech:
- The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty
- Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind, (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight,) the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.
- It serves always to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration. It agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.
- There is an opinion, that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the administration of the Government, and serve to keep alive the spirit of Liberty. This within certain limits is probably true; and in Governments of a Monarchical cast, Patriotism may look with indulgence, if not with favor, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in Governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency, it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose. And, there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be, by force of public opinion, to mitigate and assuage it. A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume.
This November the choice will be between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. One is the classic insider of our dysfunctional government, and the other is a person from real life America who is beholding to neither political party. That’s the reason he is having to fight Hillary’s party, as well as the party that he was elected by. Think about it – he is fighting everyone associated with our current political parties as well as the leaders in our government. Evidently they know what Adams and Washington said and are scared to death their free ride at our expense might be in peril.
Regardless of what you feel about Donald Trump, and I have had some misgivings about him, he IS the individual that is in a position to shake things up enough to start some much needed changes in how our government is run. Take a good look at anyone who says they are not voting for Donald Trump and you will see they are knee deep in two-party system that has almost destroyed our nation. They are trying their best to stop Trump. Even going far enough to throw in one or two third-party candidates that can do nothing but provide aid to Hillary.
I can only pray there are enough individuals left who can see through the fog our “politic ans” have laid down to hide their true agenda. It has been working, and unless we stop it this year, their work will be over. They will have won and we will have to suffer with what “they” decide we must think, say, make, and do.